Time running out for Washington state Lyme bill. Please call now.
Message from Washington state Lyme advocates:
It is “Do or Die” for Washington state’s Lyme Bill, HB 2332–a bill to protect doctors who prescribe long-term antibiotics for Lyme disease. We need you to call representative Eileen Cody (360-786-7978).
Ask her for her support of the bill, and that it be scheduled for a vote by the committee. (If you call when the office is closed, you can leave a message.)
Representative Cody is Chair of the House Health Care & Wellness Committee. She is the one who schedules the bill for a vote and hearing. If the bill is not heard and voted on by the committee by Friday, February 7th, it will die. For the vote to happen, Chair Cody has to schedule it first. We probably only have a day or two for this to happen.
Sorry about this being last minute. We are all new to this. Representative Michelle Caldier who is Assistant Ranking Member of the House Health Care & Wellness Committee emailed me late last night concerning this, and our urgent need to contact Chair Eileen Cody.
Many of you are shy about calling. The good news is Chair Cody’s office is closed today, so you will be leaving a message which for many is easier. The message you leave can be very short and to the point. Something like:
“My name is (your name). I am a Lyme patient (family member, friend, concerned citizen) and I ask that you support Lyme HB2332, and schedule it for a vote by the committee”.
If you are from Washington you can include that. We need her to be flooded by messages asking for support of the bill, so everyone needs to call.
Some of you think this bill does not apply to you, since you do not use antibiotics in your treatment and care. We need this bill to be passed as it will help protect doctors and in turn encourage more doctors to learn about and treat Lyme disease. With more doctors, patients will get diagnosed sooner and their road to health will be much easier.
- It is Do or Die for Washington Lyme Bill, HB2332, and your help is needed now
- Call Chair Eileen Cody today and ask for her support of Lyme bill, HB2332 and that it be scheduled for a vote.
- Her phone number is (360-786-7978)
- We need her to be flooded with messages and for everyone to call
- If possible, call Chair Eileen Cody’s office on Monday also.
- This bill is important even if you do not treat with antibiotics
- You may also email Chair Eileen Cody, but right now calling is the most important (Eileen.Cody@leg.wa.gov)
- Please share this email with others