Watch Lyme program tonight, give your opinion tomorrow
Fox5NY will air a Lyme disease special TONIGHT (Thursday, June 30th) at 10:30 pm EST on FOX 5 / WNYW. It will be also streamed live on FOX5NY.com. Afterwards, it will be available on Fox5NY’s YouTube channel. We will post a link to that as soon as it’s available.
Tomorrow, the station is sponsoring a Lyme disease Facebook conversation on Friday, July 1, at 11:30 a.m. ET. (8:30 a.m. on the West Coast.)
Dr. Kenneth Liegner will represent ILADS. He will be joined by IDSA and CDC representatives in a live question and answer session on Facebook. Click here to participate in the conversation: Facebook.com/fox5ny
Here’s information about tonight’s program:
LYME AND REASON: THE CAUSE AND CONSEQUENCE OF LYME DISEASE
FOX 5 presents an in-depth look at the cause and effect of Lyme disease, including the controversy over testing, the issues of misdiagnosis, and the personal struggles of medical professionals and patients contending with this life-changing illness.
- Renowned Oncologist Neil Spector, MD shares his personal story of how Lyme disease robbed him of his own heart
- Singer and songwriter Dana Parish describes how Lyme disease derailed her in the prime of her career and her life
- The touching story of 12 year old Julia Bruzzese, how Lyme disease stole her ability to walk, and how a blessing by Pope Francis during his visit to NYC has provided hope for her and her family
- Brian A. Fallon, MD, MPH – Director of the Center for Neuroinflammatory of the Lyme and Tick-Borne Diseases Research Center at Columbia University talks about the cause of Lyme disease and what you should do if you’re bitten by a tick
- Yale-Trained Lyme Disease Expert Steven Phillips, MD addresses the controversy surrounding Lyme disease, while Paul Mead, MD – Chief of Epidemiology and Surveillance Activity of The Bacterial Diseases Branch of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers the perspective from the country’s lead public health agency.
- Patricia De La Mora, Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, Weill Cornell Medical College talks about prevention and how to keep your children safe, while Lawrence Putter, MD – Medical Director Lenox Hill Veterinarians discuss pet safety when it comes to ticks
- We also cover the controversies of Lyme in terms of testing, treatment, and coverage by insurance companies
Encore presentations are scheduled for:
* Saturday, July 2nd @ 6:30pm
* Monday, July 4th @ 10:30pm
* Sunday, July 17th @ 5:30pm
- July 1, 2016 at 8:23 am
Thank you for doing this series on such a national health crisis that is completely being buried in chronic controversy. When does the controversy end to move in direction of solving the problem. Admittance is the first step in resolution.
- July 1, 2016 at 1:08 pm
We invite you to comment on our Facebook page.
Visit LymeDisease.org Facebook Page