FOX5 NY to air Lyme disease Special Thursday June 30th
On Thursday, FOX 5 NY is airing a special on Lyme disease which will feature interviews with Ally Hilfiger, Marla Maples, Neil Spector MD, and Brian Fallon, MD and others listed below.
“LYME AND REASON: THE CAUSE AND CONSEQUENCE OF LYME DISEASE” AIRS THURSDAY, JUNE 30TH AT 10:30 P.M. EST.
FOX 5 presents an in-depth look at the cause and effect of Lyme disease, including the controversy over testing, the issues of misdiagnosis, and the personal struggles of medical professionals and patients contending with this life-changing illness.
- Renowned Oncologist Neil Spector, MD shares his personal story of how Lyme disease robbed him of his own heart
- Singer and songwriter Dana Parish describes how Lyme disease derailed her in the prime of her career and her life
- The touching story of 12 year old Julia Bruzzese, how Lyme disease stole her ability to walk, and how a blessing by Pope Francis during his visit to NYC has provided hope for her and her family
- Brian A. Fallon, MD, MPH – Director of the Center for Neuroinflammatory of the Lyme and Tick-Borne Diseases Research Center at Columbia University talks about the cause of Lyme disease and what you should do if you’re bitten by a tick
- Yale-Trained Lyme Disease Expert Steven Phillips, MD addresses the controversy surrounding Lyme disease, while Paul Mead, MD – Chief of Epidemiology and Surveillance Activity of The Bacterial Diseases Branch of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers the perspective from the country’s lead public health agency.
- Patricia De La Mora, Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, Weill Cornell Medical College talks about prevention and how to keep your children safe, while Lawrence Putter, MD – Medical Director Lenox Hill Veterinarians discuss pet safety when it comes to ticks
- We also cover the controversies of Lyme in terms of testing, treatment, and coverage by insurance companies
- Encore presentations of the special will air on the following days:
- Saturday, July 2nd @ 6:30pm
- Monday, July 4th @ 10:30pm
- Sunday, July 17th @ 5:30pm
Excerpts from the interviews with Marla Maples and Ally Hilfiger.