TOUCHED BY LYME: Discussing my book at upcoming Lyme conferences
I am privileged to be able to attend six upcoming Lyme education events in the New England area. I will be speaking and/or signing copies of my book When Your Child Has Lyme Disease: A Parent’s Survival Guide and also providing information about the MyLymeData research project.
I look forward to meeting many members of the Lyme community at the following events. (Especially those “Facebook friends” I haven’t met in person yet!)
- April 30, Wiscasset, Maine. Midcoast Lyme Disease Support & Education Conference. http://midcoastlymediseasesupport.blogspot.com/p/conference.html
- May 7, Binghamton, NY. Lyme Disease Conference at Binghamton University. http://www.southerntierlymesupport.org/
- May 11, Hyde Park, NY. Dutchess County Legislative Tick Task Force workshop at the Wallace Center, on the Franklin D. Roosevelt Estate. For more information, contact the Dutchess County Legislative office at (845) 486-2100.
- May 17, Cambridge, MA. Bi-monthly meeting of Lyme support group sponsored by the Dean Center for Tick-Borne Illness. http://spauldingrehab.org/assets/spaulding_pdfs/Bi-weekly-Spring-Summer-2016.pdf
- May 19, Danbury CT. 10th Annual Lyme Connection Patient Conference and Health Fair, Western Connecticut State University. LymeConnection.org.
- May 21, Worcester, MA. Central Mass Lyme Disease Conference. http://centralmasslymeconference.com
When Your Child Has Lyme Disease: A Parent’s Survival Guide offers practical strategies for parents coping with what can be a complex and puzzling illness. It gives advice on finding the right medical care, coping with treatment, developing effective boundaries with others who don’t understand what your family is going through, advocating for your child’s educational needs and managing day-to-day family life.
My co-author is Sandra Berenbaum, LCSW, a Connecticut psychotherapist who counsels Lyme patients and their families. She’ll be at some of the events too. Click here for more information about our book.
TOUCHED BY LYME is written by Dorothy Kupcha Leland, LymeDisease.org’s VP for Education and Outreach. She is co-author of When Your Child Has Lyme Disease: A Parent’s Survival Guide. Contact her at email@example.com.
- April 24, 2016 at 12:26 am
Having read this book and knowing also what a fabulous writer in the community Dorothy is, I encourage you to buy the book if you have a child or work with children. Also, this is an extraordinary effort by Dorothy and Sandy to shine a light on the important issues involved with raising a child with Lyme disease. If you can attend one of the conferences she will present at, you will be treated with a treasure trove of information.
We invite you to comment on our Facebook page.
Visit LymeDisease.org Facebook Page