Nightmarish outcome for woman bitten by a tick
A horrifying story has been reported by Oklahoma TV station KOCO.
A woman who contracted Rocky Mountain spotted fever from a tick bite is now a quadruple amputee.
Jo Rogers, of Shawnee, became seriously ill after hiking in with her family in the Grand Lake area of Oklahoma. She was hospitalized and her condition continued to deteriorate. Doctors reportedly checked her for many illnesses, including West Nile virus and meningitis. Yet, initially, no one thought to suspect tick-borne illness.
Soon, the infection had spread throughout her body and doctors had to amputate her limbs in order to save her life.
- August 13, 2015 at 1:17 pm
how terribly sad for jo rogers, all happening in 1 week to have parts of her legs/arms amputated!
i hope other stations pick up this story and share it nationwide.
hugs/prayers to jo rogers/family on her extensive recuperation to come,
bettyg, iowa activist
- August 13, 2015 at 9:28 pm
This is 2015, not 1915. The woman has an infection spreading up her limbs, shutting down her organs and they stop testing after two tests? What’s wrong with some people?
- August 27, 2015 at 8:21 am
It may take a few more years for PHYSICIANS to wake up and know about the damage ticks can do to the body. I have had a type of Lyme Disease since October 1976. It gradually seemed to go away but in late 1990s came back and really knocked me down both physically and mentally. I have been treated with every thing known to treat the bacteria but damage was done and there is no cure now as bacteria worked for years in body. Dwayne Goode, Pharmacist Conway, Ark I was at meeting when voting to name Masters Disease in honor of Ed Masters, M. D. and yes I believe he was correct while working at Cape G, Mo.
We invite you to comment on our Facebook page.
Visit LymeDisease.org Facebook Page