Next online meeting of TBD Working Group is July 8
The next online meeting of the federal Tick-Borne Disease Working Group will be July 8, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
The following information is from the Department of Health and Human Services website:
For this meeting, the TBDWG will review the draft 2020 report to the HHS Secretary and Congress and review and approve graphics and images for the report.
The 2020 report will address ongoing tick-borne disease research, including research related to causes, prevention, treatment, surveillance, diagnosis, diagnostics, and interventions for individuals with tick-borne diseases; advances made pursuant to such research; federal activities related to tick-borne diseases; and gaps in tick-borne disease research.
Please register for the virtual meeting. After registering, you will receive an email confirmation with a personalized link to access the webcast on July 8.
Public Comment – Information and Instructions
The public will have an opportunity to present their views to the Working Group during the meeting’s public comment session or by submitting their views in writing. Comments should be pertinent to the meeting discussion.
- Requests to provide verbal public comment must be submitted via email by midnight Wednesday, June 24, ET to email@example.com. In the email Subject line please enter: Verbal Public Comment – July 8 Meeting. You will be provided a call-in number and time to call.
- A total of 60 minutes has been set aside for verbal comments on Wednesday, July 8. Each person will be limited to 3 minutes in order to accommodate as many speakers as possible. If more requests are received than can be accommodated, speakers will be randomly selected.
- Your remarks will be heard over a live webcast and will become part of the archived recording and meeting summary that will be posted on this website.
Written comments (posted on this webpage and accessible to the public):
- Written public comments must be submitted via email by midnight Wednesday, June 24, ET to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email Subject line please enter: Written Public Comment – July 8 Meeting.
- When you submit your written comment, please include a statement letting us know how you would like to be identified with your comment. You may choose to use your name or to be anonymous. You may also list your city and/or state. If you are providing comments on behalf of an organization, please include the name of the organization. We cannot post your comment until you let us know how you would like to be identified.
- Comments should either be provided in the body of your email, or in an attachment in Word format and equivalent to no more than 4 pages in Calibri or Times New Roman, 11 point font. Text that exceeds the 4 pages will be deleted.
- We do not post graphics, images, text boxes, or tables. If included with your comment, we will not be able to retain them.
- We can only create hyperlinks to “.gov” sites (local, state, or federal). For all other reference sites, please insert the full URL (e.g., http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/epigenetics).
- We are also unable to include attachments as supporting documentation to your written comments.