Your membership helps us create a better future for people with Lyme disease
At LymeDisease.org, we fight to make the patient voice stronger, support science-based advocacy, create legislative change, and to create a future where Lyme patients can receive the treatments they need to get well.
When you become a member of LymeDisease.org, you partner with us in these efforts. Here’s some of what you help us do for the community:
1.) Symptom Checklist: A big complaint among Lyme patients is that it takes too long to get diagnosed. Our checklist gives people a way to determine if Lyme disease is likely. After answering a series of pertinent questions, patients can print out the filled-in form and take it to their doctor—where the education process continues. The printout describes basic facts, explains the two standards of care and endorses the ILADS guidelines. Patients educating doctors in this way can be very effective!
2) Physician Directory: Find a Lyme-literate practitioner near you.
3) Information about Lyme disease on our website. Learn about ticks, Lyme disease, co-infections, symptoms, testing, diagnosis, and prevention. Furthermore, our blogs keep you up-to-date on Lyme-related news, analysis, features and events.
4) Our free weekly email newsletter keeps you informed on the latest happenings in the Lyme community.
5) Lyme-related information via social media. We share information via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest–to keep you up-to-date on what’s happening in the Lyme community.
6.) US National Lyme Group: Connect with others who are on this journey too. Our online support group offers a place for information sharing and emotional support for people dealing with Lyme and other tick-borne diseases.
Your membership dollars also help us work on behalf of the Lyme patient community to:
1) Foster legislative and policy changes on both the national and state levels,
2) Make sure patients are represented when policy decisions are made, and
3) Fund research to help improve patient lives. Our principal research project, MyLymeData, is a patient registry and research platform launched by LymeDisease.org in 2015. Using big data research tools, it allows patients to privately pool information about their Lyme disease experiences. So far, more than 12,000 people have enrolled in the project, providing over 3 million data points, on Lyme disease demographics, tick bites, diagnosis, symptoms, lab tests, co-infections, treatment and quality of life. The results have been eye-opening.
We realize that not everyone can afford the membership, but if you can–your dues help support those who can’t. Every dollar truly does count.
Please join us and help us continue to be a vital resource for those inflicted with this horrible disease.
We invite you to comment on our Facebook page.
Visit LymeDisease.org Facebook Page