NEWS: ILADS training session in Hershey, PA, April 11-12
Health care providers new to the treatment of tick-borne diseases will have a chance to learn from the experts.
From the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society:
To provide physicians and other medical practitioners with insight into recent developments in the understanding of Lyme and other tick-borne diseases, and to provide basic tools and strategies for counseling prevention, and for diagnosing and treating these diseases.
Conference Description and Goals
- To learn a historical perspective on scientific progress in Lyme and other tick borne diseases.
- To learn the current state and options for testing, diagnosis and treatment protocols
- To learn current thinking on the pathophysiological mechanisms behind chronic diseases that may be relevant to Lyme and other tick- borne diseases.
- To learn about less recognized manifestations of Lyme disease, including pediatric, neurologic and neuropsychiatric presentations.
- To learn to share knowledge between researchers, tick-borne disease medical experts, and front-line practitioners, and foster the development of networks for continued learning.
MDs, DOs, NDs, DMD, DVM, PhDs, PsyDs, RNs, NPs, PAs, LCSW, DC’s and select alternative medicine providers. Medical students, residents, or interns may register at a discounted rate. Must show proof of full time student status in MD or DO program. Non-medical professional registrants accepted as space permits (approved by Conference Leadership) and must pay full rate.